Thursday, April 8, 2010

MERAA GAANW MERAA GHAR


My village is Karmauli. Bhalanee is in the west. Dumariyaahee, Kothiyaa and Brahmottar are in the east. Dostpur in the south and Karpur is in the north. It is under the block Kaluahi. This is a new block. Previously, the block was Khajauli. It is on the rail root Darbhanga-Sakri-Jaynagar. It is one of the oldest blocks. The place is in my memory from my very childhood. My maternal-uncle's village is Sukki, one K.M. north to Khajauli. Whenever, I went to Sukki, I passed through Khajauli. Police station, Block office, High school, Railway station,Registry office, Raatan (where sugarcane was weighed and put in the goods train to take it to sugar factory), Hospital and a small market west side of the railway station were my attraction. I wanted to visit the place again and again. In the eastern side of Sukki is Kamala river. It had special importance for me because there was no river near my village. In the stories, I was hearing about the river, sailing and boating. It was very deep in my mind and when I came near it, I became overwhelmed. This can be said my immense love towards the nature from the very childhood. When I first saw the sea in Pondicheri, I sat on the sore for hours. My journey companion Sri S.P.Singh sir, -a veterain Gyan-Margi, questioned,' Who feels this pleasure?' My simple reply was,'I can't answer, but the pleasure is undescribable.' Hearing my reply, he became question-less or perhaps he got answer. He never questioned again. He left me alone on the sea sore bench and returned to the hotel. I remained there for so many hours and returned too late when found alone in the night.
 My village is the centre of Sanskrit education. There is very old Sanskrit Vidyalaya. A middle school is also here. There is a famous Durga-temple. After renovation, the temple has become very attractive. During Durga Pooja festival, the beauty is beyond discription. There is a Brahma Sthan in the northern side of the village. Navah-Sankirtan is performed for 53 years. It is performed from Makar-Sankranti every year. The nine days group sankirtan (recitations loudly lyrically), moving around a Pippal-tree, of 'Shree Ram Jay Ram Jay Jay Ram' is mind blowing event. I am seeing the event from my childhood and it has played vital role in the formation of my life style, behaviour and culture. I cannot forget the preachings of great Sanskrit scholars on the concluding day of the event and the whole night Vivah-keertan by a great keertaniya of village Raiman or Devhaare and in the audience the whole village males and females. Brahma Sthan is nearer to my door and I have enjoyed the companies of great saints and learned people and have got their blessings.-------SRI RAM JAY RAM JAY JAY RAM.

2 comments:

  1. karmouli ko kaun nahi janta hai.prachin kal se yah sanskrit ka garh raha hai. aaj bhi das bees aacharya mil jayenge. kuchh to mithila ke panditon men pratham pankteya kahe ja sakte hain.dr munishwarjha rarest vidwan hain.pt tarakant jha,pt shivanandjha, pt budhinathjha, pt madhukantjha, pt bhartendu nath thakur, pt raghavendrajha, pt lakshaman jha, pt bhagirath jha, pt shivanand thakur, pt anand thakur, dr krishnakant jha, er arun sarikhe prachin evan arvachin vidwano ka jamghat yahan hai. anya baten bad men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name of Karmauli shall remain incomplete if one forget Kamaljee.He is the first engineer of Karmauli. His social activities can not be forgotten. From his very childhood he was genious. He never stood second in the class. He studied at Dhanbad upto class three. He got admitted in Middle School Kaparia. He got first position from 4th to 7th in the school. In high school he took admission in TNHE School Kaluahi. From there he passed Matriculation in the first division and got highest marks in the school. He got the prestigious National Merrit Schollarship and this schollarship was continued till whole of his study period. Due to this very aid he became able to be an engineer. His father was very poor and unable to bear the expenditure of engineering. When there is will there is way. He got help from four sides. First his chollarship, second his father in law, third his two eldest brothers. He became an engineer but he has no ego. Simple living and high thinking is his principle. When he lived at Karmauli he was the leader of our team. We played so many dramas in his direction. He himself acted in those dramas in the leading role. We remember our those golden days when we played football in the field with kamaljee. We used to sit hours on the eastern bank of Bhalni pokhar and sang various types of songs there. The main singer was Kripa. We can't forget our childhood friends- Kamaljee, Khadanan, Bulan, Buchchi, Manganjee, Bauan, Shivshankar, Harshanarayan, Chandramohan, Kripa, Medha, Mahesh and so many other friends. Now Kamaljee works in the state PWD. Perhaps he is Superintending engineer there. May god bless him all success in life. We are proud of him. ------------------ONe of his childhood friend.

    ReplyDelete