Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nilu(5)

In Manigachhi School one of my friends’ sons of karmauli was also reading. He was in class five and Nilu was in class four. He was some older and matured too. But Nilu was lean and thin, childish and only eight year old. When I saw my friend's son I became very pleased. A senior friend to guide and taking care was there. Nilu’s mother had given him too much breakfast which could last long but his friends ate all in a few days. This was disclosed by Nilu after sometime when we asked him about lunch and breakfast. Nilu remained there for about eight months. During this period whenever I met him, found him speechless. Seeing me he became so emotional that words hardly came out; only eyes wetted. Some skin diseases had also developed. Second time I saw him with one J.E., Tiwary. His remark about the school was not good. I also formed the same opinion. In Durga puja vacation his nanaji took him to Belahi. For a few days he was always eating. He was making up the back log. We also visited Belahi a few days latter. Till then Nilu had become normal and enjoying the nanaji’s village. He narrated the story of Manigachhi. The beds were in continuation. Students slept with their body touching each other. That was the reason of skin diseases. Moreover, the catering was not of better quality. I don’t know whether my son got better education or not but we had missed him too much. Lastly it was decided not to send him again there. He again got admission at Birpur. After some months in December I was transferred to Patna. I took a two roomed flat on rent at Punaichak. My office was in Nirman Bhavan (now Vishweshwaraiya Bhavan). So the residence was nearer to the office. Nilu got admission in Nehru Academy and Dipu, Vimal at Mount Glory Academy at Punaichak which were nearer to my residence. Both schools were a few distant apart. All my three children used to go to school together. I was mentally free about my sons’ schools because the time was not good and kidnapping business had developed too much. Moreover, Aditya my second brother-in-law was with us studying in P.G. Maithily, Patna University and he took more care of my children. The time was very pleasant. This was my first posting at Patna. I was enjoying the place too much. The office was also very interesting. We were eight assistant engineers sitting in a big hall. Four executive engineers and one superintending engineer were in other separate rooms. The atmosphere was very light and we were always in jolly mood. Shrivastavji, Arvind, Naresh, Kwaja Kutubuddin, Vinod, Badri, Virendra are always in my memory with whom I spent six years without any tension. Er S.P.Singh, Superintending Engineer was very pious person. I used to discuss about Gita, Ramayan and so many spiritual matters. This was the time when I came to know Bhagvaan Ramana. S E Saheb was great devotee of Guru Baba. When he retired in Feb 1992, I visited Ramanashram with him.........................................cotd.

No comments:

Post a Comment