Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nilu, my eldest son (2)

At the age of four Nilu started to go to school. At that time, we were at Birpur, Saharsa. He was very meritorious. His memory was very sharp. Only one reading of a lesson was enough for him to memorize. He had memorized so many poems in the very start of his studies. Hearing from him some poems are still in my memory. One of them is- ‘Good morning mother good morning,
I am little baby,
I drink coffee,
Thank you mother thank you.’ This was his first poem. He sang this poem with full body expressions. While he was singing the first line, he put his right hand on his forehead in the pose to salute. On the second line, left hand was below and right above it keeping a little distance symbolizing a baby. On the third line, the right hand was used to reach near lips as if a cup of coffee was in the hand. On the fourth line he put his both hands on each side of his waist and shook it slowly. The pose was so charming that we always wanted to hear and enjoy. All parents enjoy their children’s activities. No one can take place the position of father and mother. Hearing repeatedly, the poem became favorite among us. My second son was about nine month old and he was copying his elder brother. In the cassettes, there are many childhood voices of my sons hearing which they will laugh and enjoy. At that time, Nilu was lean and thin. He used to put the bag on his back and walked in such a style as if a great student. There was a lodge in the campus where so many students resided. My both sons were favorite among them. They used to play with Nilu and Dipu the whole day. They all were very obedient and civilized students. Now a day’s one cannot imagine such a civilized group of students. I had visited so many students home and had taken meal there. They all were very homely. We also treated with them like our family members. My landlord Kashi Babu was also very fine gentle man He regarded me too much. Landlord like him is beyond imagination. He was always trying to please me. I had taken meal with him uncounted times. He was very fond of cooking dishes, especially non-veg items. Whenever he cooked special dishes, never forgot us. My sons were always busy in entertaining his wife, daughter and sons. I spent four years in that house and felt like my village.
I daily took Nilu on my scooter and took him to his school. At the end of the classes, I again used to go to his school and took him back home. Nevertheless, sometimes he came home in the tiffin time. I was always afraid because the school was at a great distance. One day I pretended to be very angry and after that, he left coming in the tiffin. ……………………..contd.

No comments:

Post a Comment