Sunday, August 8, 2010

Guru, Govind and I

I was a little child. I was totally ignorant of the world. My mind was full of darkness. I was just like an animal having two legs, two hands, two eyes, two ears, one nose and one mouth. I was hankering after loaves and fishes. I only knew my own requirement- food, clothes and house. I only knew my parents, brothers and sisters. I became youth and got married. I became father of so many children. Now I forgot my parents, brothers, sisters and all relatives. I know only my individual family- I, wife and children. I started speaking lie. All evils entered into my mind. I started quarrelling with others for worldly things. I wanted to snatch every material for me and for my individual family. I fought with my own brothers and parents. I became worse than an animal. Animals have a few requirements but men’s have infinite necessities. When I meet one, another comes and so on. I was too much busy in solving problems and had no time to think anything else.
When I was in total sleeping state, a man came near me with a lamp in his hand and awoke me. I awoke like an elephant seeing a lion in the sleep. He completely removed the darkness. This awakening was not temporary. It was permanent. I started weeping for wasting my time in the past. The lamp man wiped my tears and consoled me. He forbade me to repent. ‘Subah ka bhoola sham ko wapas aane par bhoola nahi kahlata’. He had a magic lamp. He removed my all doubts. He showed me the right path to reach goal and conquer the whole world. He taught me to conquer the hearts of all creatures (the diamond treasure). He taught me to snatch sorrows and tears of the world. He taught me to robe love. He taught me to throw stones of respect on older and beat younger with a stick of affection. He taught to worship downtrodden like Bhagvan Ramana the human form of Lord Shiva.
I was hypnotized by the lamp man. I blindly started to follow the path shown by him. The path was simple and straight. It was the path of Self enquiry- ‘removing all thoughts and abidance in the Self.’ It was ‘Who am I’ method which is the practice to draw the mind to heart. Infinite thoughts may come. Ask all of them, ’To whom it came?’ The answer is, ‘It came to me’. The next question is, ‘Who am I?’ The answer is nothing but to enquire ‘I’ in the heart, the right side of the chest. Biological heart is in the left side. The process is nothing but only to draw the mind in the heart which was wandering hither and thither. The process should be repeated all the time. Initially this type of enquire is essential. After regular practice thoughts vanish and mind starts to stay in the heart (in the Self- in the original home). After regular meditation I start to live in my home (heart). The body organs work automatically. Ordinary person think yogi doing similar action like him. But in reallity he does nothing. He is like the child whose mother feeds him in the sleeping state and in the morning he asks if he had taken food at night. When mother says yes, he becomes satisfied. The mind is nothing but the collection of thoughts. When the mind (jeeva) merges in heart (Self), the false ego becomes real ‘I’. ‘I’ (mind, jeeva, false ego) vanishes in Self (real I, Atman, Govind ) and both become one. The Self (atman) is the guru. Om Namo Bhagvate Sri Ramanay. --------------------contd.

No comments:

Post a Comment