Friday, September 24, 2010

SUCCESS

All successful persons have some special qualities which common people lack. There is little difference among top ten students of any competition. Suppose the cut off marks is seventy-five. One candidate gets seventy-four point nine marks. He does not succeed. Now say, what difference between the two candidates is. There may not be any difference. The unsuccessful candidate may be more intelligent. Nevertheless, one thing special must be in successful candidate. Stability of mind is of prime importance. Regular study is essential. Professionalism is very useful for sure success. How this professionalism will come. You solve the same problem unlimited times. Do not think that you have already solved that sum and there is no need to solve it again. I have seen the students who had memorized even the answers of all probable questions. Others laughed on such type of students. Now the scene has changed. The laughers are unemployed. The professionals got better jobs. The successful laugh on the unemployed. Do not pay attention to laughers. There is no substitute of the labour.
Rekha was reading in class five. Her mother used to take her with her when she went to the market. Little Rekha calculated the prices of purchased materials in seconds. The shopkeepers were astonished seeing the calculation correct up to two decimals. Seeing her activities, I recalled my own childhood. In my childhood, father took me with him at Madhubani and all other places, he went. I also calculated the prices. Sometimes I became irritated when he started my praise. When I was reading in Kaluahi high school, so many students of surrounding villages read there. Majority of them was from Dhanga East & West, Karmauli, Bhalni, Dihtole, Kaluahi, Maltole, Majrahi, Bharatpatti, Malmal, Mureth etc. In all most all functions, I went to Dhanga, the native place of my father, with him. It was very pleasant. Now, after my admission at Kaluahi, every student knew me. I felt a little ashamed while attending any feast. And later I ignored going there on such occasions.
Mental exercise helps too much to memorize anything and enhances one’s mental power. Calculation of price was unknowingly a big mental exercise. My advice to the students is, to solve sums, first mentally and then by writing. By this method, sum’s solution lasts longer in the brain.
One day I visited Rekha’s home. She was preparing for tenth examination those days. She was in the kitchen with her mother. Her mother was cooking. Rekha was sitting on a cot and solving sums. I was amazed seeing her speed. She was writing a sum and within no time solving it. That is why she got good results in all examinations and competed so many competitions. Being a girl, she has visited England and doing job in Infosys. Sunil wrote a book of eight hundred pages while preparing for the UPSC Examination. See the dedication towards study. Once I visited his hostel when he was doing his graduation. I was very pleased to see his preparation. He had prepared notes going through so many books of the topic. He had written fifty questions' answers of each subject. Now he had no need to go through different books. He had memorized all answers. The result was that as expected. He got first class first in the Hindi Honours exam. Latter he competed UPSC Exams. He got allied services. He is at present on a higher post of CAG.---------------CONTD.

No comments:

Post a Comment