Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bhay (fear)


“Nainan chhindanti shastraani, nainan dahati paawakah.
   Nachainan kledayantyaapo, na shoshayati maarutah.” No weapon can cut it, fire cannot burn it, water cannot wet it and wind cannot dry it. Then, where the room for fear is. Fear is nothing but a false concept. Sometimes, I become so afraid that I surrender myself before the very weak enemy whom I can conquer easily in moral boosting position. It means, mind is the main thing. When mind is weak (in depressed state), one can be defeated by a very tiny object. In morally high position (morally elevated), one can defeat the enemy who is much stronger.
                     ‘Taavad bhayasya bhetavyam, yaavad bhay nanaagatah.
                       AAgatan tu bhayan veekshya, preeti kuryat yathochitam’. We should be afraid from the fear until it has not come. Seeing the fear present, one should deal it properly.
             Sometimes, I find myself surrounded by fearful things. I sit calmly for few minutes and find easy solution. I meditate on my deity and the thing of fear disappears in a moment. Fear is nothing but a false concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment